The CEERIAS (Community Engagement for Early Recognition and Immediate Action in Stroke) team wants to ‘”CEERIASLY” help you in taking steps for a healthier lifestyle. Come out for “A CEERIAS Walk with the Doc”
WALK WITH A DOC is a FREE walking program for everyone interested in achieving a healthier lifestyle. What better way to start the New Year, than on your feet making strides to help your heart and improve your general health.
Under the direction of WALK WITH A DOC local area Program Lead, Neelum T. Aggarwal, MD and her healthcare team, participants will be able to have the opportunity to have their questions answered by her or by other health care specialists while walking a route at your own pace. Walk with a Doc welcomes walkers of all ages and experience levels. All fitness levels are encouraged to spend time with their neighbors, talk with a doctor and take a step toward better health. The experience begins with a presentation by the Doc. Following the presentation, the doctor will lead a 45 minute walk that is open to all community members. No registration is necessary.
Kroc Center (Southside Chicago)
– 1250 W 119th St, Chicago, IL 60643
A Safe Haven (Westside Chicago)
– 2750 W Roosevelt Rd, Chicago, IL 60608
Forward Chicago (Northside Chicago)
– Meet at the Welles Park Gazebo: 2333 W Sunnyside Ave, Chicago, IL 60625
MetroSquash (Hyde Park)
– 6100 S. Cottage Grove Avenue, Chicago, IL 60637
Need some reasons to join us? Here are five (5) good reasons to join us!
- It reduces stress, helps you relax and improves your energy levels.
- Walking works all major muscle groups.
- Walking lowers your risk for diseases like heart disease, diabetes and stroke.
- Walking does not cause as many injuries as other workouts.
- No equipment is needed … just a good pair of walking shoes. You also don’t need a gym membership.
This program was started in Columbus, OH in April of 2005 by a cardiologist – Dr. David Sabgir – and has now expanded throughout the country and the CEERIAS team is honored and thrilled to be a part of Walk with a Doc.
You don’t need any special gear and there are no special rules.
Just put on a pair of comfortable shoes and walk alone, with friends, a partner or family or with a group. It’s a personal preference. Remember though, we will be WALKING!!!!