Renown Doctors Invite You to Walk With A Doc
Have you ever wondered if walking has enough health benefits or not? A few Renown doctors believe that walking is so important that they’re not just talking the talk, they’re walking the walk.
Janie Konakis, MD and Tiffany Barnett, MD invite you to Walk with a Doc – a free walking club where you can join Renown doctors on a low-impact walk every once per week. Walk with a Doc is a great opportunity to interact with healthcare professionals while getting those crucial steps in.
Did you know that walking for as little as 30 minutes a day can:
- Reduce the risk of coronary heart disease
- Improve blood pressure and blood sugar levels
- Maintain body weight and lower the risk of obesity
- Enhance mental well-being
- Improve blood lipid profile
- Reduce the risk of osteoporosis
- Reduce the risk of breast and colon cancer
- Reduce the risk of Type 2 diabetes