This program was created by David Sabgir, M.D., a cardiologist with Mt. Carmel Clinical Cardiovascular Specialists in Ohio. Dr. Sabgir wanted to encourage healthy physical activity in people of all ages, and to reverse the consequences of a sedentary lifestyle geared toward improving societal health and well-being.
Our goal is to give patients and their families an opportunity to walk with our fantastic team of medical professionals for one hour one day a week at one of the Franciscan Health locations listed below. Each physician will begin the walk with a short talk about a topic related to their field. Participants will have access to a few simple screenings and we will track their progress as they continue with the program. A snack and water will be provided. All activities will occur, regardless of weather (unless conditions are deemed dangerous). Updates regarding the program will be provided via email if an address is provided to us.
Franciscan Health Indianapolis (Central Indiana)
- Meet us on the fitness trail, surrounding the Indianapolis campus (We start across from the Women & Children’s Center): 8111 S. Emerson Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46237
- Every Thursday until Nov. 16; from 6 to 7 p.m.
Franciscan Health Lake County Hospitals (Northern Indiana)
- Meet us at the Lake County Fairgrounds: 889 S Court St, Crown Point, IN 46307
- Every other Wednesday from May 3 until Nov. 1; noon to 1 p.m.
Franciscan Plainfield Health Center (Central Indiana)
- Meet us at our Franciscan Plainfield Health Center: 315 Dan Jones Rd, Plainfield, IN 46168
- Coming back in the fall of 2017…stay tuned!!!
Franciscan Health Mooresville (Southern Indiana)
- Coming soon! Stay tuned!!!