Virtual WWAD Events
With many in-person Walk with a Doc events around the world being postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our incredible docs are hosting virtual WWAD events so that we can remain active and socially connected, even during a period of physical distancing. The format will be the same as a typical WWAD event. Check out the steps below for more details!
Step 1: Health Talk
Every Saturday morning at 9:00 AM ET we will post a video where WWAD Leaders from around the world will be sharing updates on COVID-19 and other important health topics! Mark your calendars and tune in at that time, or whenever you are available. There are several options for viewing:
- Click Here to sign up for the Virtual WWAD Series and have each week’s video sent straight to your inbox.
- Check out the most recent videos below or see all past videos by topic.
- Follow our social media channels:
October 31, 2020
Dr. Ken Freedman discusses Emotional Stress, Physical Stress, Chemical Stress, and some tips for how to manage them.
October 24, 2020
This virtual event took place live on Zoom. Check back soon for the recording with important information on Breast Cancer!
October 17, 2020
Dr. Aggarwal and Masha teach us about the health benefits of dancing!
Click Here to check out all the Virtual WWAD videos organized by topic!
Step 2: Walk
After watching the health talk, it’s time to go out for a walk! Here are a few reminders:
- Practice Physical Distancing – Either walk on your own or bring along a friend or loved one, but make sure you’re staying at least 6 feet apart from one another. Wear a mask if you’re in a crowded place.
- Get Out In Nature – If possible, get outside for your walk! Walk around your neighborhood or head to a local park. Nature is good for you and your immune system.
- Be Social – During your walk, feel free to call or FaceTime a friend or a family member. Prefer some alone time? Consider listening to music or a podcast while you walk.
- Show Your WWAD Pride – If you have any WWAD swag, wear it during your walk and snap some selfies!
Step 3: Share
Tell us about your walk! We would love to hear all about it and help celebrate with you.
- Comment on the health talk video that we posted on social media
- Post in the new WWAD Facebook Group
- Post on your own social media using #VirtualWWAD and be sure to tag @walkwithadoc
- Email email@example.com or share your updates and photos here: