Virtual WWAD Events
With many in-person Walk with a Doc events around the world being postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our incredible docs are hosting virtual WWAD events so that we can remain active and socially connected, even during a period of physical distancing. The format will be the same as a typical WWAD event. Check out the steps below for more details and click here to share the Virtual WWAD Series with a friend!
Step 1: Health Talk
Every Saturday morning at 9:00 AM ET we will post a video where WWAD Leaders from around the world will be sharing updates on COVID-19 and other important health topics! Mark your calendars and tune in at that time, or whenever you are available. There are several options for viewing:
- Click Here to have each week’s video sent straight to your email inbox.
- Check out the most recent videos below or see all past videos by topic.
- Follow our social media channels:
February 6, 2021
The Million Hearts team shares why they LOVE physical activity and a few tips on preventing heart attacks, strokes, and other heart-related diseases.
January 30, 2021
‘Tis the season for chapped lips and dry skin! But how do you keep your skin healthy? Dr. Parvez explains that it’s not just what you put on your skin, but what you put in your body.
January 23, 2021
Linda Corinne discusses the rise in alcohol use during the pandemic and some healthy alternatives for dealing with the everyday stresses of life.
Click Here to check out all the Virtual WWAD videos organized by topic.
Step 2: Walk
After watching the health talk, it’s time to go out for a walk! Here are a few reminders:
- Practice Physical Distancing – Either walk on your own or bring along a friend or loved one, but make sure you’re staying at least 6 feet apart from one another. Wear a mask if you’re around others.
- Get Out In Nature – If possible, get outside for your walk! Walk around your neighborhood or head to a local park. Nature is good for you and your immune system.
- Be Social – During your walk, feel free to call or FaceTime a friend or a family member. Prefer some alone time? Consider listening to music or a podcast while you walk.
- Show Your WWAD Pride – If you have any WWAD swag, wear it during your walk and snap some selfies!
Step 3: Share
Tell us about your walk! We would love to hear all about it and help celebrate with you.
- Comment on the health talk video that we posted on social media
- Post in the WWAD Facebook Group
- Post on your own social media using #VirtualWWAD and be sure to tag @walkwithadoc
- Email email@example.com or share your updates and photos here: