Virtual WWAD Events
With many in-person Walk with a Doc events around the world being postponed due to the novel COVID-19 virus, our team has decided to start hosting virtual WWAD events so that we can remain active and socially connected, even during a period of physical distancing. The format will be the same as a typical WWAD event. Check out the steps below for more details!
Step 1: Health Talk
Every Saturday morning at 9:00 AM ET we will post a video where WWAD Leaders from around the world will be sharing updates on COVID-19 and other important health topics! Mark your calendars and tune in at that time, or as soon as you are available. There are several options for viewing:
- Tune in to walkwithadoc.org/virtual to check out the most recent video (see below)
- Click Here to receive each week’s video via email
- Follow our social media channels:
June 6, 2020
May 30, 2020
May 23, 2020
Step 2: Walk
After watching the health talk, it’s time to go out for a walk! Here are a few reminders:
- Practice Physical Distancing – Either walk on your own or bring along a friend or loved one, but make sure you’re staying at least 6 feet apart from one another.
- Get Out In Nature – If possible, get outside for your walk! Walk around your neighborhood or head to a local park. Nature is good for you and your immune system (see here).
- Be Social – During your walk, feel free to call or FaceTime a friend or a family member. Prefer some alone time? Consider listening to music or a podcast while you walk.
- Show Your WWAD Pride – If you have any WWAD swag, wear it during your walk and snap some selfies!
Step 3: Share
Tell us about your walk! We would love to hear all about it. There are several options for sharing:
- Comment on the health talk video that we posted on social media
- Post in the new WWAD Facebook Group
- Post on your own social media using #VirtualWWAD and be sure to tag @walkwithadoc
- Share your updates and photos here: