Virtual WWAD Events
While many Walk with a Doc chapters around the world are slowly getting back to hosting in-person walks, we’ll continue to share some Virtual WWAD videos and podcasts for those who a) don’t have an in-person WWAD chapter nearby, b) aren’t ready to attend in-person events yet, or c) are WWAD superfans who just can’t get enough :) The format will be the same as a typical WWAD event. Check out the steps below for more details and click here to share the Virtual WWAD Series with a friend!
Step 1: Health Talk
Videos will be posted on Saturday mornings at 9:00 AM ET where WWAD Leaders from around the world will be sharing updates on COVID-19 and other important health topics! Mark your calendars and tune in at that time, or whenever you are available. There are several options for viewing:
- Click Here to have each week’s video sent straight to your email inbox.
- Check out the most recent videos below or see all past videos by topic.
- Follow our social media channels:
July 10, 2021
Gena Swift discusses colon cancer in this week’s virtual walk!
June 26, 2021
June 5, 2021
Thank you to everyone who has gotten a COVID-19 vaccine! Which one did you get? Check out these Virtual Walk with a Doc videos from Dr. Michelle Crum to learn more about the science behind the different types of vaccines available in the US. Please note – these videos were previously recorded so make sure to follow current CDC and local guidelines regarding mask-wearing for vaccinated and unvaccinated people.
Step 2: Walk
After watching the health talk, it’s time to go out for a walk! Here are a few reminders:
- Stay Safe – Make sure you follow current CDC and local guidelines for masking and physical distancing for vaccinated and unvaccinated people.
- Get Out In Nature – If possible, get outside for your walk! Walk around your neighborhood or head to a local park. Nature is good for you and your immune system.
- Be Social – During your walk, feel free to call or FaceTime a friend or a family member. Prefer some alone time? Consider listening to music or a podcast while you walk.
- Show Your WWAD Pride – If you have any WWAD swag, wear it during your walk and snap some selfies!
Step 3: Connect
Tell us about your walk! We would love to hear all about it and help celebrate with you.
- Comment on the health talk video that we posted on social media
- Post in the WWAD Facebook Group
- Post on your own social media using #VirtualWWAD and be sure to tag @walkwithadoc
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or share your updates and photos here: