Virtual WWAD Events
With many in-person Walk with a Doc events around the world being postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our incredible docs are hosting virtual WWAD events so that we can remain active and socially connected, even during a period of physical distancing. The format will be the same as a typical WWAD event. Check out the steps below for more details and click here to share the Virtual WWAD Series with a friend!
Step 1: Health Talk
Every Saturday morning at 9:00 AM ET we will post a video where WWAD Leaders from around the world will be sharing updates on COVID-19 and other important health topics! Mark your calendars and tune in at that time, or whenever you are available. There are several options for viewing:
- Click Here to have each week’s video sent straight to your email inbox.
- Check out the most recent videos below or see all past videos by topic.
- Follow our social media channels:
January 16, 2021
Dr. Harper shares 4 simple ways to make physical activity a regular part of your lifestyle.
January 9, 2021
Dr. Theodore Zwerdling shares all you need to know about vaccines. Join us to learn about the facts, myths, risks, and benefits of getting vaccinated.
December 19, 2020
Dr. Asha Subramanian shares important tips on Nutrition, Cholesterol, and Exercise!
Click Here to check out all the Virtual WWAD videos organized by topic.
Step 2: Walk
After watching the health talk, it’s time to go out for a walk! Here are a few reminders:
- Practice Physical Distancing – Either walk on your own or bring along a friend or loved one, but make sure you’re staying at least 6 feet apart from one another. Wear a mask if you’re around others.
- Get Out In Nature – If possible, get outside for your walk! Walk around your neighborhood or head to a local park. Nature is good for you and your immune system.
- Be Social – During your walk, feel free to call or FaceTime a friend or a family member. Prefer some alone time? Consider listening to music or a podcast while you walk.
- Show Your WWAD Pride – If you have any WWAD swag, wear it during your walk and snap some selfies!
Step 3: Share
Tell us about your walk! We would love to hear all about it and help celebrate with you.
- Comment on the health talk video that we posted on social media
- Post in the WWAD Facebook Group
- Post on your own social media using #VirtualWWAD and be sure to tag @walkwithadoc
- Email email@example.com or share your updates and photos here: