Thanks for checking out the housekeeping items to start a new Walk with a Doc chapter in Texas sponsored by the Texas Medical Association! Please reach out if you have questions or need any help. Once these items are complete, the fun can begin! We recommend completing these at least 4-6 weeks before your first walk.
Note: if your chapter will not be led by a TMA-member physician, please head over to our standard housekeeping items.
WWAD Texas Housekeeping Items
1) Marketing and Licensing Agreement
- Your lead physician needs to be a current TMA member, but other physicians can lead walks as well. Not sure if your doc is a TMA member? Email us and we’ll check!
Step 2) WWAD Application
- We’ll use this form to obtain liability insurance for your WWAD chapter, which will cover all leaders and participants at your WWAD events. You can walk as often as you’d like in both the outdoor and inclement weather locations you choose (to be eligible for the TMA grant we ask that you commit to hosting at least 1 walk/month for a year).
- We’ll also build a webpage to post your walk details on our website and map. We can make updates and add pictures anytime! Click here for an example webpage.
- If you have trouble with the Google Form above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re a medical student, we also ask that you…
- Find a Texas Medical Association member physician to serve as your Walk with a Future Doc advisor.
- Find at least one more physician, resident, nurse, or other healthcare professional to commit to inviting their patients to your walks. The more the merrier! Reminder: at least one healthcare provider or staff member must be present at each walk.
- Have each of them fill out a physician commitment flyer or complete this online form.
Step 3) Choose a Toolkit
- The Texas Medical Association will cover the cost of your membership and starter pack. If you’d like to upgrade to a larger merchandise package, choose an option below.
Step 4) Become a Premier Partner (Optional)
Maximize your impact by becoming a premier partner for an additional $2,500 per year with the following benefits:
If you need to mail any housekeeping items to us, you can send them to: Walk with a Doc – PO Box 286, Riderwood, MD 21139
Check out our Guide to Getting Started for a few pre-walk planning tips and suggestions. You’ll receive a full marketing guide and resources once your membership is official.
We’ve also put together a webinar that walks you through the startup process. Please note the $650 starter kit cost mentioned in the webinar is covered by the TMA!