What are the major commitments we’ll be responsible for?
- We ask for a goal of 12 walks per year (ideally once/month) in hopes that we are encouraging healthy activity all year long. If you fall a little bit short, no problem at all.
- Each event should last about an hour and start with a brief 5-7 minutes health talk on a topic of the leader’s choice.
- We will provide a waiver and sign-in sheet for walkers to complete and we’d like you to send that back to us after each walk.
Is the cost one-time or annual?
The entry fee will get you set up with WWAD membership and insurance for a full year starting with the date of your 1st walk. Annually, you’ll have the option to renew as a standard member ($250/year) or a Premier Partner with co-branding rights ($2,500/year). If the renewal cost is ever an issue, we’ll find a way to help get it covered.
Do you have any funding options?
YES! We don’t want money to stop you from getting people moving. Click here for current funding options.
Can we add our logo to the materials?
If you sign up to become a Premier Partner, you’ll have full co-branding rights and can add your logo to anything and everything (t-shirts, banners, water bottles, etc). If you’re a standard member, you’re welcome to co-brand anything electronic (social media posts, website pages, etc.) or any paper materials 11″X17″ (flyer-size) or smaller. You are also welcome, and encouraged, to have separate materials (without the WWAD logo) at the walks to recognize your organization and any sponsors. See here for more co-branding FAQs.
How do we sign up and when can we start walking?
Once you complete all of your housekeeping items, we will get everything set up on our end. You’ll receive an official “welcome packet” via email within 1-2 business days, giving you access to our electronic resources. You’ll receive a certificate of insurance via email from our insurance partner within 3-4 business days. Your toolkit will come in the mail usually within 7-10 business days (please allow ~4 weeks for co-branded kits). You’re welcome to start walking right away, but we recommend spending at least 4-6 weeks using our marketing materials to promote the 1st walk to patients and the community.
Who is allowed to lead the walks?
- Walk with a Doc events can be led by anyone with an upper-level medical degree such as a Physician, Resident Physician, Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, or anyone with “doctor” in their title (DDS, PharmD, DPT, PhD in a health field, etc.).
- Just Walk events can be led by other licensed health professionals such as registered nurses, dietitian, and medical social workers.
- Walk with a Future Doc events can be led by medical students under the supervision of a faculty member or licensed health professional.
Can we rotate locations?
We recommend that groups aim for a goal of monthly walks with a consistent location throughout the year for a few reasons:
- Programming: The nature of Walk with a Doc is to create ongoing programming that promotes behavior change and/or moves people along the physical activity spectrum. Establishing a consistent date/time/location to serve a group of individuals will help us deliver WWAD’s ongoing preventive medicine programming. We appreciate awareness campaigns through one-time events at varying locations, but we aim to create an ongoing presence within the communities we serve.
- Marketing: Consistent messaging (ie walking the 1st Saturday of every month at 9 AM at Central Park) will make your marketing efforts much easier. You can promote the program as a whole, rather than each event individually.
- Insurance: We typically provide your chapter with liability insurance for one outdoor location and one inclement weather location. If this is an issue, please let us know and we’ll work to find a solution.
Can we have more than one doctor? Multiple organizations?
Yes! The more the merrier. Your WWAD chapter will be tied to the walk location that you choose and you’re welcome to have as many partners involved as you’d like.
How does the insurance piece work?
Your organization will be listed as an additional insured on our general liability policy and you’ll receive a certificate of insurance via email (click here for a sample). In the event of an accident/incident at a WWAD event, you will have coverage for $1,000,000 per occurrence, $3,000,000 aggregate + $5,000,000 umbrella. It covers all physicians, staff, volunteers, walkers, etc. at the walks and you’re welcome to walk as often as you’d like in both the outdoor and inclement weather locations that you designate on your application. Participants will also sign a waiver once per year.
Do you provide the topics for the health talks?
We give all WWAD leaders access to our Leader Portal which has many suggested topics. However, we give our leaders the freedom to speak about any health subject they’d like.
How do you help with marketing?
We’ve learned countless “best practices” over the years and we’ve put together tools to help make it easy for you to spread the word to patients and the community. In addition to the merchandise toolkit you’ll receive, we will give you access to our Leader Portal which contains a full marketing guide/timeline as well as pre-made flyers, press releases, and social media posts/images. Our team is available to brainstorm ideas by phone or email anytime!
Can we order more merchandise if we run out?
Of course! You’re welcome to order merchandise through our online store or send us an email. We can also work with you to custom-order WWAD merchandise that isn’t on our store.
What does the agreement mean by sponsors attending the walks?
This is basically in the agreement in the event we have a national sponsor who wants to attend a walk and talk to participants about their brand/business. If someone requests to attend your walk, we will notify you ahead and you can always “opt-out” if you’d rather have them not come. If a local business reaches out to us and wants to sponsor/attend your walk, we will forward the information to you and let you decide if you want to pursue it or not.
Give us a call at (614) 714-0407 or email email@example.com!