|Good morning! Some weeks we talk about medicine; others we don’t.|
If we could cut to the chase. I’ve been getting a lot of slack at the walk regarding the fact that my dog has a Galaxy S8. I’m not deaf, I hear your comments. “Must be nice to be a cardiologist, so much money that you buy your dog a Galaxy S8.” I don’t feel I need to defend our decision, but enough people have pointed and laughed at my dog that I feel it’s time we air this out.
Top Seven Reasons My Dog has a Galaxy S8
- More cat apps. For some reason, the Galaxy platform has always been more amenable to feline oriented apps.
- He’s 63 in people years. Most kids nowadays have phones by the time they’re 12. Between you and me, there have been times I’ve felt guilty that it’s taken us this long.
- Built in GPS tracker. There are thousands of lost dogs every day. Problem solved.
- Our whole family is Apple, so quite honestly it would’ve been easier (and a heck of a lot cheaper) to have him on the family plan. We found the iPhone 7 screen was too small. If you’ve seen a standard poodle’s paws, you can imagine, swiping would be difficult. The Galaxy 8’s screen gives him the room he needs and he never could adjust to the flip phone.
- If Krissy and I are running late at the office, we might call ahead and tell him to go ahead and eat. Overstating the obvious here, but a dog’s going to have no idea how to answer a landline, plus he might be outside playing when we call. There’s no other way for us to get a hold of him (granted this would work on the iPhone)
- Apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. He loves the app Run Keeper and only Galaxy supports the 3.2 version (for users with four legs). The iPhone had this bug where it would double count and really throw off his estimated calorie burn. Makes it much harder for him to budget food intake.
- He always seems to be moving and his phone falls a lot. He does have the advantage that it’s dropping only 4-6 inches from the ground, but falling several times a day occasionally at fast speeds, we needed a very strong protective case. Otter Box’s Canine Cozee (compatible only with Galaxy) made our decision an easy one.